Posted By Linda Coyle,
Thursday, November 10, 2016
| Comments (0)
Hello, Educators ~
|I wanted to let you know about an exciting opportunity to win cash for your school.|
Dow and the Chemical Educational Foundation (CEF) are teaming up to give K-8 students an opportunity to win up to $7,500 in grant funding for their schools' STEM program! All you have to do is create a 60 second video that responds to the following prompt:
Chemistry is all around us. We encounter it every day in items ranging from clothing to cars. We want to hear your take on how you think chemistry & STEM will change products we use every day in the future?
You should use your video as a platform to demonstrate an innovative and sustainable chemistry improvement idea for how you see something evolving in the future. The more imaginative you get with your ideas and videos, the better your chances are at winning a top prize!
The contest is open to K-8 schools in the United States. For full contest details and helpful tips, visit the contest page on DowCorps Facebook.
Important Contest Dates:
- Upload your video to the contest page on Facebook from November 7th-November 13th to be entered.
- Voting runs from November 14th-November 20th
- A total of 10 winners will receive grants for the following amounts:
- Dow & CEF's Top Pick will be awarded a $7,500 grant. The top 3 videos with most votes will receive the following grants: 1st place - $5,500, 2nd place - $3,500 and 3rd place - $2,500 and the top 2 videos from each grade grouping K-2nd, 3rd-5th and 6th-8th whose school did not already win one of the top grants will win a $1,000 grant.
- Winners will be announced on November 21st on the DowCorps Facebook page.
Best of luck to all participating schools!
|Submit your video this week! |
This post has not been tagged.