"Steering into the Future"
ABEC Annual Conference
Friday, October 27, 2017
Desert Willow Conference Center
The speed of change is at a pace that is unprecedented in human history. How do you see this affecting the public education system? Are our classrooms today capable of meeting the challenges of the future? Are our current and future teachers prepared with this pace of change in mind? Do we have systems in place between educators, business leaders, our communities and our political leaders to address these needs?
What role or effect does public education have on workforce development and the economy?
Are our students on track to be competitive in a global economy?
Business, education and community leaders will challenge our concepts and awareness of the public education system of the future at this year’s ABEC Annual Conference.
Leaders representing various education stakeholder groups will share their vision for the state’s education system and what action we need to take to get there. An incredible list of speakers include:
- Don Budinger, Chairman & Founding Director, Rodel Foundation of Arizona
- Jacqui Clay, Cochise County School Superintendent
- Lattie Coor, Chairman & CEO, Center for the Future of Arizona
- Marilee Dal Pra, Vice President of Programs, Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust
- Lily DeBlieux, Superintendent, Pendergast Elementary School District
- Paul Dale, President, Paradise Valley Community College
- Diane Douglas, AZ State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Julie Euber, Manager of Education and Outreach, TGEN
- Neil G. Giuliano, President and CEO, Greater Phoenix Leadership
- Paul Kulpinski, Partnership Director, LAUNCH Flagstaff
- Ron Shoopman, CEO, Southern Arizona Leadership Council
- Steve Watson, Maricopa County School Superintendent
- Cameron Wilson, COO, Code.org
- Steven Zylstra, President & CEO, AZ Tech Council
Early Bird Rates end at midnight, October 22, 2017.
Register now to lock in your seat at the early bird rate.