STEMSS (SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS AND SOCIAL STUDIES) SUMMER INSTITUTE Attend the summer STEMSS Institute conducted by the Arizona Geographic Alliance (AzGA)! Full information and an application or go to the AzGA website: http://geoalliance.asu.edu When: Spring Orientation - April 30 Institute - June 13-16 & June 21-24 Lesson presentations - July 16 GeoConference - September 17, 2016 Where: SkySong (Rural Road and McDowell Streets), Scottsdale, AZ with field experiences in the area
Only 24 teachers will be selected to participate so this is your HEADS UP to partner with a colleague and apply. We are looking for enthusiastic, good teachers who wish take a leadership role in their school, district and in AzGA.
Deadline to Apply: April 4, 2016. Participants who complete all requirements will receive: · 60 Recertification hours. One to three graduate (ASU) credits can be arranged at participant’s expense. ·
A stipend of $300 payable when you have completed the requirements.
· Room and most meals during the event.
· Stipend for travel costs ($40)
· Teaching resources valued at over $300.
· You will be eligible for financial support to attend and present your lesson at state level conferences such as Arizona Council for the Social Studies, Arizona Science Teachers Association, Arizona Teachers of Mathematics, etc.
The 10-day institute will include:
· STEMSS content information
· Innovations in STEM pedagogy — new technologies and techniques
· Field trips to exciting commercial and educational facilities
· Exemplary Arizona standards-based lessons that teach STEMSS
· Networking with other educators
· Housing (if requested) and stipend for completing all requirements