PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: EXCITING HANDS-ON SUMMER WORKSHOPS
Residential Summer Workshops at the University of Connecticut’s School of Engineering
The daVinci Project
July 10-14, 2017
Introducing our students to engineering is a national need. Most students love to be creative and to connect academics to the real world….this is what engineers do while making technologies that solve serious world problems. The UConn School of Engineering is holding its 18th annual daVinci Project. It is a weeklong (Mon-Fri) residential series of hands-on workshops for middle and high school science and math teachers. This year it’s being held July 10-14. Teachers live on campus and participate in one of 10 very engaging workshops, as well as many other seminars, a variety tours through research labs, our state of the art water reclaim and wastewater facilities, and our CoGen plant. Come and be part of an exciting week of exploration! We have 31 fellowships available. Please share this professional development opportunity with the other STEM teachers in your school or district. Workshop links below.
1. Understanding Pain: Sensory and emotional stimulus to your brain – 2 fellowships available
2. Bioinformatics: Using Computer Science to Understand Life – 3 fellowships available
3. Topology Optimization: A computational technique for design of 3D-printed parts – 2 fellowships available
4. Low Cost Solar Cells – 5 fellowships available
5. Air Quality and Health: Building an Air Pollution Measurement Device with an Arduino® – 2 fellowships available
6. Basic Arduino® Programming for STEM Projects – 3 fellowships available
7. Mathematical Optimization with Applications to Smart Grid and Intelligent Buildings – 10 fellowships available
8. Fuel Cell: Construction and Operation
9. Robots: Use in Industry and Elderly Assistance – 2 fellowships available
10. Monitoring and Maintaining Stream Health in a Developed Watershed – 2 fellowships available
An on-line 2017 application and more information can be accessed at http://edoc.engr.uconn.edu/davinci/ Registration deadline: June 16, 2017.
Confirmation will be sent after your registration is received.
If you have questions or need further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-486-5536.