UNDERWATER ROBOTICS AND ENGINEERING DESIGN
A new professional development opportunity provided by Arizona Project WET and Marine Advanced Technology Education (MATE).
July 18-21, 2017, 8:30 AM 5:00 PM; University of Arizona
Priority to teachers in Pima County, but open to all Arizona teachers.
Using MATE & APW materials
• Investigate the Central AZ Project delivery system
• Understand how ROVs are used in the water industry
• Engage in the engineering design, building, and testing of marine ROVs
• Develop an understanding of buoyancy, hydrodynamics, forces, energy, electrical circuitry, wiring, soldering, and control systems
• Integrate ROVs into a class or club
Build the skills and confidence you need to teach engineering design of ROVs to students.
Receive $400 worth of tools, an ROV kit, and lessons.
Your students will be eligible to participate in a mini-scrimmage, similar to regional MATE competitions, in spring 2018.
$200 registration fee.
Apply online at: https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bCTeWLCj0WKDHAV
Questions? Contact Betsy Wilkening firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more at these URLs (copy/paste into your browser):