The Arizona STEM Network, led by Science Foundation Arizona, is a collaboration between business, educators, government and philanthropy sharing a common agenda to graduate more Arizona students prepared for the global economy. The Arizona STEM Network receives support from Arizona’s elected leaders, employers, CEO organizations and philanthropic partners.
To achieve its vision of an Arizona recognized globally for a qualified workforce that drives the economy, the Network is focused on 1) creating meaningful business engagement opportunities in education; 2) strengthening teacher effectiveness in STEM; 3) integrating STEM into schools and districts; 4) changing the culture and community fabric to embrace STEM; and 5) measuring outcomes.
Similar to the agricultural extension service, the STEM Network is a trusted partner that provides new knowledge and research-based solutions to community efforts to improve STEM education. The Arizona STEM Network uses a Collective Impact Model to bring multiple entities together around shared goals and collective measurement. The Network acts as a backbone organization that provides value to the statewide STEM community through:
- Scaling of successful education programs to achieve greater impact and reach more students and teachers.
- Enhancing efficiency and effectiveness through collaboration through continuous communications and coordination among Network Partners.
- Maximizing philanthropic donations by identifying high impact programs and activities that provide a verifiable return on investment and leveraging resources throughout the STEM education ecosystem.
- Engaging Business through the STEM Advocates program, which matches business volunteers with schools in need and non-profits whose education programs are proven to be effective.
- Providing expert assistance through access to best-in-class tools, program certification and validated metrics to measure progress.
Major Funding for the Arizona STEM Network is provided by: