Tools4Teachers - Welcome!
The AZ STEM Network provides you with over two hundred STEM-specific resources, all peer reviewed and evaluated by our panel of experts. Our expert reviewers represent all sectors of education from K-12 to higher education.
- Are you looking for STEM Resources for Programming and Implementation?
- Are you looking for STEM Content (lessons/units) and STEM Pedagogy (STEM teaching techniques)?
- Are you looking for the best in National, Arizona, and professional STEM connections?
This is THE place for all things STEM!
The FIVE separate categories under the Tools4Teacher umbrella are:
- Starting and Implementing a STEM Program- Includes: Links to the STEM Immersion Guide, the STEM Implementation Timelines and an expanded School Storyline, including; how does a school/district create STEM programs. See all levels of STEM immersion in action (videos), and how to sustain a STEM program-suggestions for funding/grants. Also included is contact information for scheduled visits to STEM schools and additional information.
- STEM School Administrators and STEM School Policy-Includes: The research and best practices of STEM Schools in Arizona and the Nation. What does effective STEM Implementation look like? What does a good STEM lesson/unit look like? What are the Assessment components of STEM lessons? How to effectively evaluate a STEM lesson and/or program? The Policy Protocols for establishing, implementing and sustaining STEM Schools. STEM School Administrator Highlights-learning from the field.
- STEM Content and Program Resources- Includes: A Virtual Database for K-12 STEM lessons/units aligned to AzCCR standards, curriculum resources, links to state and national curriculum warehouses that offer vetted lessons and STEM content specific information, STEM instructional practices, and examples of how to teach and evaluate a good STEM lesson.
- STEM Professional Development for Educators-Includes: Professional development providers in Arizona and nationally, in addition to programs that provide face-to-face training in both STEM content and pedagogy, virtual professional development opportunities, video and multi-media formats and web-based webinars and training seminars.
- STEM Outreach and Partnerships-Includes: Procedures and protocols for establishing STEM outreach and partnerships within K-12, Higher Education and Business / Industry. Also includes information on our STEM Clubs and Informal STEM programs, the SFAz STEM Pathways Program which highlights how to prepare for middle level jobs through community college pathways, and Business and Industry Advocates within the Arizona STEM Network. This section also includes information on possible grants and funding.