Welcome to the STEM Club Guide
What is a STEM Club?
A STEM Club is a gathering of students that meets regularly in an informal environment to work on inquiry-based Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) related activities. A STEM Club might take the form of an out of school club or might expand regular school activities through activities embedded as within the regular school day.
STEM Clubs can meet the needs of students of all ages ranging, from pre-school through college. STEM Clubs can vary in focus and activities, but the most successful STEM Clubs share common features, as outlined in this guide.
Benefits of a STEM Club
STEM clubs may have the following benefits:
- Providing opportunity for meaningful STEM learning and for students to engage in science, technology, engineering and math in multiple ways and in a supportive and fun environment.
- Building their knowledge and application (i.e., behavior change) of STEM content and processes.
- Honing their ability to collaborate with and learn from other students and from STEM professionals.
- Building their interest in academic success and higher education.
- Foster their interest in additional STEM learning opportunities and careers.